Quantitative Trait Evolution

I'm at Evolution Ottawa 2012 and this afternoon I went to a session on New phylogenetic methods for quantitative trait variation.

I attended two talks.

Introduction and asymptotic behavior of trait evolution models under drift and stabilizing selection by Cecile Ane.

Placing fossils on molecular phylogenise with Brownian motion or Ornstein-Uhlenbeck models of continuous trait evolution by Joe Felsenstein.

It was interesting to be exposed to this kind of theoretical population genetics but I really didn't understand a single thing.

There were more than 200 people in the audience listening with rapt attention. They're a lot smarter than me. It was embarrassing.

There's one thing Joe said that I understood, and it was very impressive. He referred to a paper "published by me." Nowadays, almost everyone would say, incorrectly, "published by myself."


That's a photo of one of the speakers. Can you guess which one?
nature science for kids,nature science definition,nature science articles,nature science jobs,nature science museum,nature science projects,nature science magazine,nature science journal nature science for kids,nature science definition,nature science articles,nature science jobs,nature science museum,nature science projects,nature science magazine,nature science journal