Are Creationists Rational?

 
I don't think that creationism is a rational choice, especially Young Earth Creationism. John Wilkins isn't so sure [Are Creationists Rational?].

I highly recommend his article. It addresses the reasons why creationists think the way they do. I disagree with John's conclusion that you can't change the minds of most committed creationists and I disagree somewhat with John's definition of science. John seems to imply that science is what scientists do whereas I see science as a way of knowing that permeates all aspects of knowledge discovery. I would even argue that John is using the scientific way of knowing in his philosophy papers.

If you disagree, John, can you identify the other way of knowing that you are using?

I think that science as a way of knowing&mdashbased on evidence and rationality—should not only be taught in science classes. It should also be part of the core concepts in history, geography, English, civics, and social studies.



nature science for kids,nature science definition,nature science articles,nature science jobs,nature science museum,nature science projects,nature science magazine,nature science journal nature science for kids,nature science definition,nature science articles,nature science jobs,nature science museum,nature science projects,nature science magazine,nature science journal